by D.G. Shipton 2017
In this Holiday Season of busyness we need to remember to refocus our hearts on the real meaning of the season.
Here are 5 things you might try to do this year alone or with your family to prepare your hearts and minds for the Christmas Season.
- Take time to read some meaningful Scriptures tied to Expectation and the Christmas Season.
- Watch “A Charlie Brown Christmas” with your family. Charles Schulz, made a simple cartoon, without the laugh tracks and professional actors. This simply Christmas special not only tells us the Christmas story, but always warms the heart of any who watch it.
- Give gifts to shut-ins or people in your community with needs : This not only warms the heart, as we give love away, it also reminds us that God was giving love to us as well. We continue to share the love of God as we share with the world around us.
- Bake together with family and friends: Food always seems to bring people together. Making holiday cookies or candies is a great way to share memories and have some fun together.
- Go to Community programs or services: Watch the local paper or community calendar websites and you will find many opportunities to hear local artists, kids, and choirs sharing the Spirit of the season. It is always great to spend time with others in your local community on such events.
Hopefully you will find these inexpensive ideas helpful to refocus your holiday seasons away from the busyness and back to what the season is for. Love and Family.
May God bless your Christmas Season.