Today we are in a new reality of doing life. We must remain faithful and keep our integrity now more than ever. There is an old definition of integrity: Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking. Now, for many people they are working from home, they are studying at home. This is when integrity will be challenged the most, especially in a world that has taught us it is okay to Google everything.
Here are some things to remember:
Integrity is all about Daily Consistency
- Being at home has a lot of distractions, but we need to find a routine and stick to it.
- Be consistent with when and how you will work
- Be consistent with how you will interact with fellow employees and with clients, customers, students, or teachers.
- Everyone is going through things differently than they did a couple weeks ago, so now is not a time to make big promises that you likely can’t fulfill.
- The nice thing is that most people know right now that some things will have to wait.
- Honesty never is out of style, in fact it is always a priority.
Give your best as you always should
- Now is not the time to relax your values. It is time to shine your values well.
Your family is watching you
- You can be the example they follow. For some of us this may be the first time our children really see how we handle business or crisis, and they will be watching our example.
Your friends are needing strong examples
- You’re not alone in this new reality and others are looking for encouragement from seeing the faithful way you do your work and how you live. It helps them to stay consistent in their own lives and work or study.
- Integrity is all about Daily Consistency
Be Encouraged on Your Life’s Journey